Extend outwardly from the nose, the nose on both sides of a sheltered harbor which serves two bays and the main land-based and independent island with a unique visual beauty also having Amasra and 3000 years of history, the charm and fisheries based on local art, as well as the surrounding woodland areas is one of the places worth seeing. Amasra is still the original fish restaurants, hotels and countless homes in clean medium size contributes to the tourism board. Peace River is the artist’s hometown. Remove the Peace River in January 2007, has dedicated the last tray to Amasralı.
10 Must See Places ?
1 – Amasra Castle located in the UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List includes Amasra Castle was built in the Byzantine Empire period . In the period of Genoese and Ottoman empires are Incidental repairs .
2- Amasra Museum built in 1884 as Sea school building in 1976, was transferred to the Ministry of Culture Museum aut . There are four sections of archaeological and ethnographic …
3- Historic Landmarks Bazaar ongoing for centuries, the history of wood carving ashland trailers bazaar still continuing. Ashland craftsmanship behind and inside the shops with trees
4- The Weeping Tree Landscape Boztepe Rabbit Island to the East of the Island ” Weeping Tree” taken from the sea and air moisture gathers a cypress tree. Weeping Trees moisture that collects raindrops in spring and autumn
5 -Fatih Mosque structural features of the period of the Narthex bearing structure (First Congregational ) section and Ambon ( apse ) projection space are incorporated later . 19 × 11 m in size of the mosque in 1887, covering the space outside the four walls
6- Çakraz Resort and beach with blue sea, golden beaches mas is one of the most beautiful beaches near Amasra . Still keeps its unique natural beauty .
7- Small Church Şaphel can reach 23 different ways . Amasra from Breakwater ( the marina ) Date of climbing the stairs of the fortress , castle in the neighborhood from the extension of the arch bridge
8- Amasra Amasra view from castle and see the future Şaphel can reach 23 different ways . Amasra from Breakwater ( the marina ) Date of climbing the stairs of the fortress , castle in the neighborhood from the extension of the arch bridge
9- Teller Spiritual teacher ( Unpaid Falun trailers in Souk ) in ashland Glass Free Interesting Read horoscope and reach 100% Subtract the Spiritual Teacher and Book
Kucuk kayaamasr 10 – mast pole marquee located in the port area and the sea may enter your guneslenebileceg is a historic district .
Amasra 12 months a year and can accommodate tourism has the potential to holiday lovers. To enjoy the weather, relax in the countryside of the Black Sea, fish and salad for dinner Amasra want to taste the unique flavor of the March-April-May is the best time.
If you’re going to the sea and around Amasra the best months are the months of July-August-September. If you want you can opt for the central beach if you want to put the environment at affordable prices to rent a private yacht and holiday centers (Çakraz, İnkumu, Felengit Bozkoy) can visit.
Amasra is a small Black Sea port town in the Bartın Province, Turkey. The town is today much appreciated for its beaches and natural setting, which has made tourism the most important activity for its inhabitants. As of 2010, the population was some 6,500.
Amasra has two islands: the bigger one is called Büyük ada (Great Island) while the smaller one is called Tavşan adası (Rabbit Island).
Situated in the ancient region of Paphlagonia, the original city seems to have been called Sesamus, and it is mentioned by Homer in conjunction with Cytorus. Stephanus says that it was originally called Cromna; but in another place, where he repeats the statement, he adds, as it is said; but some say that Cromna is a small place in the territory of Amastris, which is the true account.
The place derived its name Amastris from Amastris, the niece of the last Persian king Darius III, who was the wife of Dionysius, tyrant of Heraclea, and after his death the wife of Lysimachus. Four small Ionian colonies, Sesamus, Cytorus, Cromna, also mentioned in the Iliad, and Tium, were combined by Amastris, after her separation from Lysimachus, to form the new community of Amastris, placed on a small river of the same name and occupying a peninsula.
According to Strabo, Tium soon detached itself from the community, but the rest kept together, and Sesamus was the acropolis of Amastris. From this it appears that Amastris was really a confederation or union of three places, and that Sesamus was the name of the city on the peninsula. This may explain the fact that Mela mentions Sesamus and Cromna as cities of Paphlagonia, and does not mention Amastris.
The territory of Amastris produced a great quantity of boxwood, which grew on Mount Cytorus. Its tyrant Eumenes presented the city of Amastris to Ariobarzanes of Pontus in c. 265–260 BC rather than submit it to domination by Heraclea, and it remained in the Pontic kingdom until its capture by Lucius Lucullus in 70 BC in the second Mithridatic War.
The younger Pliny, when he was governor of Bithynia and Pontus, describes Amastris, in a letter to Trajan, as a handsome city, with a very long open place (platea), on one side of which extended what was called a river, but in fact was a filthy, pestilent, open drain. Pliny obtained the emperor’s permission to cover over this sewer. On a coin of the time of Trajan, Amastris has the title Metropolis.
It continued to be a town of some note to the seventh century of our era. From Amasra got its name an important place of Constantinople, the Amastrianum.
The city was not abandoned in Byzantine Era, when the acropolis was transformed into a fortress and the still surviving church was built.
It was sacked by the Rus during the First Russo-Byzantine War in the 830s. But it was in 1261 that Amastris regained part of its former importance; in that year the town was taken by the Italian Republic of Genoa in its bid to obtain sole control of the Black Sea trade. Genoese domination ended in 1460 when the Ottoman Sultan Mehmed II conquered the whole Anatolian shores of the Black Sea.
Amasra Castle was built during the Roman period. The walls of the castle were built by the Byzantines. The front walls and gates were built by the Genoese in the 14th and 15th centuries. Though located on a narrow peninsula, a tunnel under the castle leads to a fresh water pool.
Built as a Byzantine church in the 9th century AD. The church is a small chapel and its narthex section consists of three parts. After Fatih Sultan Mehmet conquered Amasra in 1460, it was converted to a mosque. The church mosque was closed to prayer in 1930.
Bird’s Rock Road Monument was created between 41-54 AD by order of Bithynia et Pontus Governor Gaius Julius Aquila. It was a resting place and monument. At the time when Claudius was Rome’s Emperor, Aguila was the commander of the building army in the eastern provinces. It is located a little outside Amasra on the road in, it is easily accessed by steps leading from the roadside.