While Sydney is Australia’s most popular holiday destination and renowned for its great surf and beaches, those in search of culture and a city packed full of sights and attractions should head to the southern capital of Melbourne. From wildlife to shopping and the one of the highest viewing platforms in the world, here’s our guide to some of Melbourne’s best attractions.
Ideal for anyone looking to find their bearings in the city, the Skydeck is a great starting point with a central location overlooking the city. It also happens to be the highest viewing platform in the Southern Hemisphere, and offers some breath-taking views of the city. See the city in two different lights with a ‘Sun and Stars ticket’ and you can enjoy two entries in a single day – be sure to visit at sunrise and sunset.
If you’re feeling brave, take it a step further and experience The Edge – a thrilling opportunity to go over the edge in a glass box.
Queen Victoria Market
One of the city’s most iconic attractions, the Queen Victoria Market is great for exploring and you’ll find a huge variety of stalls combining a mixture of cultures and ethnicities. Here you’ll find a variety of foods and souvenirs from all corners of the globe, and the markets make an excellent place to enjoy an exotic breakfast or lunch for a much more reasonable price than some of the dine-in options available throughout the city.
Discover an Array of Wildlife
The Melbourne weather is notoriously unpredictable, so it’s very fortunate that the city is rich in zoos and aquariums offering fantastic indoor activities for the whole family as well as a chance to see some of the best Aussie animals and other exotic species up close.
Melbourne Aquarium is the award-winning home to Antarctic penguins, a whole host of weird and wonderful sea life and an amazing 2.2 million litre Oceanarium. If gazing from behind the glass isn’t close enough for you, try the shark dive extreme experience which gives both seasoned divers and newbies the chance to come face-to-face with these incredible predators.
Just 4km outside the city centre you’ll also find the Melbourne Zoo which is home to 320 species including gorillas, elephants, lions, elephants, meerkats and orang-utans. Don’t miss the Meet the Keeper Experience, and if you have cash to spare you can upgrade and meet the elephants up close. Experiences don’t come cheap though, so we recommend looking at the Cheapflights site to save some money.
If you’d prefer to see the animals in their natural habitat, head to the bushland setting of the Healesville Sanctuary which houses some of Australia’s most distinctive wildlife including dingoes, koalas, kangaroos and emus.
Let Your Feet Guide You
There’s no better way to explore the city than to let your eyes and feet guide you. Whether you stroll alone and discover the city’s beautiful lanes and arcades, or join the Melbourne Hidden Secrets Tour, there’s plenty to discover including local art, vintage shops, architectural wonders and even wine tasting tours. We highly recommend the coffee and café culture walk which shows you just
If you really want to try something a little different you could even take a Victorian horse and carriage tour!
The beautiful South West of England is well known as a holiday destination for both UK and overseas visitors. The stunning beaches and rolling countryside are among the best in the country and the area enjoys a milder climate than other parts of the UK which is an added bonus for those wanting to get out and explore the natural beauty of the region. Many people nowadays prefer to stay in their own self catering accommodation so that they can enjoy their holiday at their own pace, and there is a wide selection of holiday properties located all over the South West. Self catering specialists Blue Chip Holidays have over 800 quality properties throughout Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset all of which are graded at four stars or above. South West holidays by Blue Chip Holidays are guaranteed to fulfil your expectations and more with every kind of holiday property from cosy country cottages to stylish seafront apartments.
Each part of the South West has its’ own particular appeal; Devon and Cornwall are both famed for their spectacular beaches and crystal blue seas which are favoured by surfers from far and wide. Somerset and Dorset are steeped with history and legend, and the whole of the South West has a reputation for the finest in local food and drink. There are also hundreds of attractions for all the family with everything from museums and galleries for those looking for a little culture, through to wildlife and adventure parks for the kids. If you haven’t visited this part of the world before you will not be disappointed; there is more than enough to keep you busy for your entire holiday.
When you think of a traditional holiday cottage you will probably conjure up a mental image of a thatched roof, wooden beams and an open fireplace – the perfect romantic retreat at any time of year. Blue Chip Holidays have plenty of these in their portfolio, along with every other type of holiday property you could think of. How about an ultra modern and stylish apartment with floor to ceiling windows that look right out over a beautiful beach and the crashing waves beyond? No problem. If you are planning a break as part of a big family reunion or celebration then Blue Chip can provide you with a choice of large houses that can accommodate the whole family under one roof, or groups of properties that can be block booked so that you are all situated together but with a little more breathing space! Some holiday properties will even accept pets which is perfect if you want to bring your dog along to enjoy the holiday too. Dogs are allowed on the majority of beaches outside of the main summer season but Blue Chip will be able to advise you on the beaches where your four legged friend is free to run and play all year round.
The beauty of a self catering holiday property is that you can choose something that suits your needs perfectly and as a result your holiday will be even more enjoyable!
This article looks at the best of cycling trips and showcases some of the variety of biking holidays available. Whether you’re a single sports enthusiast, or a family of ‘newbies’, you’ll find exciting holidays to suit all interests and budgets.
Why cycling trips?
The author went on her first cycling holiday to France last summer and was hooked! These holidays are so very different from the typical experience of sitting on a beach or walking around a city on a packed itinerary on a short break. They are hugely sociable and enjoyable active; you can opt for gentle bike riding holidays if you’re a beginner or less keen for a fitness challenge or more difficult routes and levels if you want to be physically active and challenged – whilst seeing amazing sights. Each of the tours are accompanied and you sleep incredibly well afterwards – it’s a revelation to be cycling and moving whilst travelling if you’re used to sitting down for much of the day. It’s also very unusual to be coming home from a holiday feeling and looking better than ever from your exercise – even when you’ve been enjoying plenty of delicious local food and drink while you’ve been away! For many people, these types of holiday can really kick-start a passion for cycling and they are also a great way to travel with a family and enjoy quality time together, whilst developing your fitness, cycling skills and taking in exciting new vistas and cultures.
The joy of holidaying with a bike
So often, holiday experiences are marred by travel or getting lost on unfamiliar roads. But cycling holidays are a different experience altogether. On two wheels, you can experience the world at your own pace. Opt for a gentle meandering bike ride through the Loire in France. Speed along on a high-tech bike spec in the Moroccan Atlas mountains. Travel the length and breadth of Vietnam or explore the US coastline – the choice is yours. Each cycling holiday comes with a grade, so you know what to expect and it explains whether there will be elements of off-road cycling and what sort of vehicle support is provided during the trip, for times when you can’t bike anymore!
Enjoying the surroundings
On these types of holidays, it is important that you’re confident about your fitness level and it is well worth taking some refresher lessons before you go and some cycling practice, so that you get the most from your trip. Once you’re there, you’ll be able to experience the surroundings in the most pleasant manner, enhancing the experience by being physically active and moving with other people in a friendly group. You’ll also build up a great appetite for your food, which is half the fun of travelling overseas!
Shannen Doherty writes regularly on cycling holidays and family trips for a range of consumer magazines and publications. A keen cyclist, she recently travelled through Spain on a tandem!
A very luxurious 5 star hotel in Belek, Antalya, Kempinski Hotel The Dome offers everything you expect and more. It is always important to them to make sure that you receive the best deals and services. They will make you the centre of their attention and fulfil all your requirements.
Kempinski Hotel The Dome is situated in Kadriye near Belek, a 25-minute drive from Antalya International Airport and 45 minutes from Antalya city centre.
Kempinski Hotel The Dome Belek won a 2012 Travelers’ Choice Award in the category of Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Turkey.
Rooms and Suites
- Rooms:Experience the warmth of Turkish Hospitality at Kempinski Hotel The Dome and relax with all the comforts of home. Elegantly decorated Seljuk style rooms mingle perfectly with modern architecture.
For a taste of luxury you can choose rooms that overlook either the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean or emerald green pine forests.
- Suites: Their marvellous suites are waiting to provide you with every comfort, featuring unique Seljuk architecture reinterpreted in a modern style with Kempinski luxury. Kempinski Suites are perfect for those who want to bask in the Mediterranean landscape, with a view of calm blue waters.
- Villas: To give extra privacy for you and your loved ones, their villas have been designed so you can have a place of your own, with unlimited comfort and the ultimate in Kempinski elegance. When you book your holiday at Kempinski Hotel The Dome Villas, it feels as if you’re coming home.
The Dome offers a variety of sports and leisure facilities that suit the needs of their business and leisure guests alike.
- Antalya Golf Club: Kempinski Hotel The Dome offers unrivalled possibilities for golf lovers in co-operation with the adjacent Antalya Golf Club. Guests at the hotel can enjoy the rare privilege of direct access to The PGA Sultan and The Pasha courses. The PGA Sultan and The Pasha, designed by leading architects European Golf Design, together with design consultant and Senior Tour professional David Jones, provide not only a challenge to golfers of all abilities but also wonderful surroundings in which to enjoy your game. The playing surfaces, second to none in their quality, stunning landscapes and perfect weather all combine for an unforgettable golfing experience.
- Spa&Fitness: At 3600 m², The Dome Sanitas Spa and Thalasso Centre is one of the largest spa facilities in Turkey. The Dome Sanitas Spa provides the best relaxation for both your body and soul, with its range of massages, beauty treatments, Turkish hammam, sauna and Thalasso pool. Their luxurious private treatment rooms ensure that you will have a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. Moreover, you may keep yourself fit and healthy by exercising in their Fitness Centre.
The Fitness Centre features the latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment, and is available for use free of charge for their guests. Their Fitness Centre pool is open between 06.30 and 20.00, and you can train under the guidance of their Personal Fitness Trainer from 08.30 to 13.00 and from 15.30 to 20.00.
- Beach&Pools: Kempinski Hotel The Dome features a vast 2123 m² outdoor swimming pool consisting of connecting ‘lagoons’ and a beautiful sandy beach greeting the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea. There is also a heated 122 m² indoor pool, an outdoor and indoor children’s pool and an 82 m² Thalasso pool available. We also provide pavilions on their private beach for those who wish to try something more exclusive. A bar in the centre of the main pool is available for swimmers.
- Water Sports: Available Water Sports activities: Diving, Parasailing, Tandem, Jet ski, Water ski, Surf courses, Catamaran, Banana tour, Ringo tour.
- Tennis: The Dome offers three clay tennis courts that face the moderately mild sun of the morning and are shaded in the afternoon. Tennis lessons are available by appointment at Reception.
- Side and Manavgat: See a breathtaking waterfall in the morning, followed by a day of bazaar shopping, food, and a tour of the ancient city at Side. A must-do for those who like some retail therapy with history.
- Tahtalı Cable Car: Soar toward the heavens as you travel on one of longest cable car journeys in the world. An unparalleled experience awaits you as you take in the spectacular view from 2365 m at the Tahtalı peak. Take amazing photographs of the landscape below, and breathe in the fresh mountain air.
- Jeep and Quad Safari: A perfect day out for those who like a more energetic and interactive excursion, the Jeep and quad safaris will get your adrenaline pumping and provide a day full of excitement and fun. Explore the expansive canyons and challenging terrain to your heart’s content.
- Trip to Pamukkale: Journey into a surreal landscape of hot springs, travertines, and carbonate mineral terraces as you explore Pamukkale and the ancient city of Hieropolis. Enjoy amazing views while you swim among the ancient ruins in Cleopatra’s thermal pool.
- Antalya Old City, Aspendos, and Perge: Disappear inside the walls of the old city, in the heart of Antalya, for this tour of local history and culture. Start the day with a visit to the Aspendos ancient amphitheatre, the ruins at Perge, and a stop at the Kurşunlu waterfall.
- Cliff Diving: The definitive choice for adrenaline junkies, their cliff diving excursion will literally take you to the edge, as their experienced instructors guide you through everything you need to know to safely enjoy the thrill and rush of cliff diving.
- Demre, Myra, and Kekova: Travel back in time as you discover the land of Santa Claus himself! Visit the church of St. Nicholas, who was from the area, take a boat tour to the island of Kekova, and visit the stunning Lycian tombs and ancient amphitheatre at Myra.
- Fire of Anatolia: Experience the finest in entertainment as the Fire of Anatolia dance troupe wows you with an unbelievable show of lights, music, and dancing like you’ve never seen before. The show is an absolutely astounding series of performances that will leave you wanting more.
- Birthdays and Anniversaries: Let us help you make your special day absolutely perfect with the birthday and anniversary tour packages. A trip to the cliffs of the Antalya coast affords wonderful views of the sea, while you and your guests enjoy champagne, cake, and even cliff diving if you wish!
- Golf School: To help golfers of all abilities achieve amazing results, working closely with what the golfer does naturally, allowing them to receive maximum enjoyment and play to their true potential is their purpose. With a clear understanding of your strengths and weaknesses, we will equip you with the required drills and swing thoughts that make efficient and lasting improvements to your game.
- Transfers by luxury cars, boat or helicopter: We can arrange a helicopter, a yacht or even a jet transfer for you! Book a speedboat or an exhilarating helicopter transfer to explore the coastline while drinking champagne, or simply choose one of their perfectly designed luxury cars to travel in ultimate comfort.
- The Dome Concierge Service: We will be more than happy to make all your arrangements: dining reservations, airport transfers, tour arrangements and tee time bookings.
- Business Center & Internet Access: Whether you are on a business trip or a family holiday, you still have things to keep up with – checking your e-mails, catching up with your colleagues or just updating your Facebook photos. You may easily connect to their free wireless internet anywhere in the hotel, or stop by the Business Centre in the lobby. Please contact reception for printing, scanning, copying and faxing services.
- Kids Club: They welcome their little guests aged between four and twelve in their Kids Club. They will be entertained by their Kids Club staff from 09.00 to 12.30 and from 13.00 to 17.30. The Kids Club is located just by the children’s pool and is close to the beach. We can also provide a standard babysitting service if you require.
- Hair Salon: Refresh your look and experience a whole new you! Kempinski Hotel The Dome Hair Salon is the perfect place to renew and refresh yourself when you just need a little extra boost.
The city of Antalya lies between the south of the majestic Taurus Mountains and the shores of the Mediterranean Sea with its beaches of fine sand, vistas of rare and rugged beauty, many ancient ruins, hidden coves and alluring vacation getaways.
Just 30 minutes from Antalya and its international airport, Belek is establishing itself as an exclusive golf destination of worldwide renown on Turkey’s central Mediterranean coast. Belek is also the ideal base to explore the fascinating ancient harbour city of Antalya, now a bustling metropolis; Aspendos with its breathtaking Roman amphitheatre; or Side, a popular seaside town once chosen by Marcus Antonius and Cleopatra for a romantic tryst.
Taxis in Turkey are charged by meter. Metered taxis are charged according to the official price issued by the government. Taxis have day and night rates.
Their transfer service is 70 euros each way and will be provided via Mercedes Vito, which has sufficient space for passengers, golf clubs and your luggage.
Address and Contact Details
Kempinski Hotel The Dome
Yeni Mahalle Uckumtepesi Caddesi No 20-2 Kadriye
07500, Antalya Turkey
Tel +90 242 710 1300
Fax +90 242 725 5575
All the beauty products out there ranging from natural (fruits and vegetables) to laboratory synthetics cannot make your skin glow if you are: Stressed, eating junk food, sleep-deprived and sedentary. Your skin needs nourishment and care if you want it to look radiant and healthy.
For most women, part of the morning and evening routines involve a skincare regimen of applying creams, moisturizers, tonics, lotions, and the like. Why do women put themselves through this? They do it primarily to combat the signs of aging, and to maintain youthful looks and beautiful skin! It is a safe bet, however, that most women haven’t put much thought into what is in the products that they are using.
Some women probably do not realize that what they are putting on their skin may actually be undermining what they are trying to prevent to begin with. In fact the average woman puts twelve products on her skin daily, most of which contain harmful chemical preservatives.
So, what can women do? How can they combat environmental pollutants, the affect of solar radiation, and the drying effects of air? How can they be sure they are using the very best products on their skin so they can be healthy inside and out? Here are 6 tips to assist in this process:
1. Be very aware of what is in skincare products. Use products that are all natural as much as possible.
2. Use products that have regenisomes. Regenisomes penetrate the skin to speed cell renewal after sun exposure. They also use the light of photosomes to undo sun damage, and have ultrasomes to renew skin while sleeping.
3. Find products with Proteo-C and Proflavonol-T. These two vitamins protect the skin from premature aging caused by the sun, pollution, and other environmental factors. They also provide advanced nutrition to the skin to keep it appearing smooth and firm.
4. Keep your skin clean and moisturize dry skin; dermatologists recommend moisturizing dry skin twice a day and overnight.
5. Limit stress or learn to manage it effectively. Stress is harmful both emotionally and physically. Find that stress reliever activity that works best and use it on a daily basis!
6. Don’t smoke and stay away from second hand smoke and other obvious pollutants.
Morover, drink plenty of water! Water hydrates skin and hair as well as flushes toxins out of the body. Follow the above 5 tips to true beauty and health.
For hair to look perfect it needs to look healthy. Your hair is your crowning glory. Look after it and it will shine for all the world to see. You don’t always need expensive treatments, or visits to a hair salon to manage your hair professionally. There’s so much you can do yourself.
1. For shiny, healthy hair think first of your body’s intake. Your hair is really just a reflection of what you are inside. A good balanced, nutritious and healthy diet will do more to make your hair shine than any shampoo or conditioner. And drink eight to ten glasses of water a day too; hair is 25% water, so don’t let yours go thirsty!
2. Dry your hair after washing in the ambient temperature of your room after using an absorbent towel to soak up the excess moisture, but don’t rub hard. If possible, don’t use blow-drying, flat irons, curling irons or hot rollers. Artificial heating will leave your hair brittle and damaged in time. Be natural whenever you can.
3. Prevent unnecessary hair damage by using the right kind of hairbrush. Only comb wet hair with a wide-tooth comb, combing from end to root, but avoiding touching the root. Detangling wet hair with a hard steel comb can create a lot of damage, so don’t!
4. Remove trichoptlosis, or split ends, like this: take small sections of your hair and carefully twist them in a gentle downward motion. The split ends will stick out. Using sharp scissors, carefully cut into the twisted section, but not right through, to remove the damaged cuticles and leave a natural layered look. Cut roughly the same amount from each twist to balance the effect.
5. Hair loss can be slowed, or even reversed by applying a few simple tips, though they probably won’t cure an underlying condition. Biotin can help to regenerate hair follicles: blend bananas with honey, yoghurt and low-fat milk, and drink it daily. Supplements such as Vitamin B6, zinc and saw palmetto will help too, but eliminating stress and getting plenty of sleep may work just as well.
We are all obsessed with our hair, whether we are 9 or 90, male or female. Look after yourself first and foremost and your hair will reflect that care and attention. The Biblical Samson’s strength lay in his fine flowing hair. Your hair reflects your strength too.